Please be advised that the 2019 Grant Cycle has come to a close. The next Grant Cycle will begin January 1, 2020 with a deadline of February 20, 2020.
Mission and Philosophy
The Blanche & Julian Robertson Family Foundation was incorporated in 1997 and funded by a generous gift from Julian H. Robertson, Jr. with additional support from his sisters, Wyndham Robertson and Blanche Bacon, children of the late Julian H. and Blanche S. Robertson of Salisbury. The mission of the foundation, through its gifts and grants, is to improve the quality of life in Salisbury and Rowan County. The Foundation encourages efforts by tax-exempt organizations and governmental agencies dedicated to making our community a better place to live, work, and raise and educate our children.
Guidelines for Grant Applications
The following guidelines are used when evaluating grant requests:
- Grants are limited to programs and projects that will benefit the people of Salisbury and Rowan County.
- When awarding grants, preference will be given to those projects that encourage constructive change, strive toward achieving excellence and have a significant public service component.
- Except in unusual circumstances, grants will be made only to those entities designated by the IRS as public charities or nonprofit organizations and government agencies with a charitable purpose.
Grant Application Procedure:
- Complete the grant application online and have it signed by the Board Chairman or Chief Operating Officer of your organization.
- Include the following attachments with the application form: (to be uploaded)
- A budget for the project detailing how the funds will be spent and all sources and amounts of income. Also submit a budget for your organization detailing both expenses and income for the current and previous fiscal year.
- A copy of the most recent IRS 990 form or financial report for your organization approved and signed by your accountant, auditor, chief financial officer or financial director.
- A list of your current board of directors or trustees with gender and race identification
- A copy of your organization’s IRS 501(c)3 or appropriate tax determination status letter. If your organization is exempt as a local unit of a national organization, attach your certification of membership.
- Submit the application with support materials online.