“…totally committed to the goal of improving the quality of life in Salisbury and its surrounding area.”
Since its establishment in late 1997, The Blanche & Julian Robertson Family Foundation has led charitable efforts that positively impact Salisbury, its people and neighbors.
Improving life in Salisbury has been at the core of the foundation’s mission since the beginning. And it was on that goal that the foundation based its directives for choosing grant recipients. Those directives include, but are not limited to, programs that…
In memory of his parents who made Salisbury their home, Julian H. Robertson, Jr. created the foundation. To honor them and their hometown, he directed the foundation's efforts toward programs and causes that serve the city and encourage its communities to employ innovation, thoroughness and commitment when giving back.
- Address social issues and nurture positive relationships
- Enrich lives through exposure to the arts
- Increase opportunities for at-risk youth and families in crisis
- Revitalize neighborhoods and encourage first-time home purchases
- Improve access to educational, recreational and athletic opportunities
- Strengthen concern for health issues and the environment
- Utilize leverage to attract matching gifts and funds